|Service Award||Bill T Russell Mountaineering Award||Fran Smith Lifetime Achievement Award|
|Bradley, Bill 2000||Lilley, Barbara 2001||Jones, Ron 2001|
|Valkass, Maris 2000||MacLeod, Gordon 2001||Richter, Dan 2002|
|Leonard, Karen 2001||Mantle, Doug 2002||McRuer, Duane 2003|
|McDermott, Linda 2001||Brasket, Ted 2003||Steve, Smith 2004|
|Roach, Greg 2002||Gnagy, Rich 2004||Erspamer, Edna 2005|
|Roach, Mirna 2002||Mitchell, Christine 2005||Reber, Barbara 2006|
|Kline, Patty 2003||Bartell, Ron 2005||Acheson, Pat 2007|
|Acheson, Dean 2004||Secor, R. J. 2006||McMannes, Mary 2011|
|Acheson, Pat 2004||Rambert, Patty 2007||Lilley, Barbara 2017|
|Adrian, Mark 2005||Tidball, Larry 2008||MacLeod, Gordon 2017|
|Knapke, Charlie 2006||Tidball, Barbee 2008|
|Craig, Gary 2007||Henney, Vic 2010|
|Baldwin, Elaine 2008||Wyman, Sue 2010|
|Jamison, Scot 2008||Bowman, Tina 2012|
|Jamison, Yvonne 2008||Dodge, Daryn 2015|
|Sumner, Bob 2009||Smith, Brian 2016|
|Perkins, Ann 2010||Gerlach, Greg 2017|
|Perkins, Dave 2010|
|Holloway, Sue 2010|
|Baldwin, David 2013|
|Hoak, Larry 2014|
|Morehouse, Jim 2018|
|Kelliher, Mat 2019|
DPS SERVICE AWARD CRITERIA
- Served on management committee (either elected or appointed positions)
- Leads trips for DPS
- Hosts chili cook-off/old timers’ trip/etc.
- Hosts meeting/potlucks
- Does trip write-ups for Sage
- Participates in Sierra club service activities; goes on service trips
- Serves as webmaster; contribute to DPS website
- Serves as Sage newsletter editor; contribute to Sage
- Serves as Peak Guide editor; contribute to Peak Guide
- Actively recruits for DPS
- Goes on DPS trips
- Promotes desert conservation and exploration
- Would their absence be noticed?
DPS MOUNTAINEERING AWARD CRITERIA
- Not necessarily a leader but it counts!
- Has a passion for mountaineering and peak bagging
- Completion of DPS achievements (emblem, explorer, list finish)
- List finisher of other lists
- Supports DPS Peak List improvement: participates in exploratory trips, scouts/writes up new routes, reviews status and conditions of existing peaks, etc.
DPS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD CRITERIA
Awardees shall have shown dedication to the DPS and Sierra Club over many years through service and/or mountaineering activities (such as those listed for the Mountaineering and Service Awards).
In selecting award recipients, the Management Committee will use the above criteria for each award as guidelines for candidate selection.
Members are encouraged to submit award candidates to the Management Committee.